Really? The-Dream Says R&B Dudes Have Been Trying to Steal His Sound
While back out on tour mode, singer/songwriter The-Dream took time out in his show to let people know that since he’s been busy getting married, getting divorced, figuring out expensive divorce settlements, and helping other people make hit singles, he’s noticed a crop of fellas out there who are trying to sound just like him and be just like him.
“I haven’t done a show in close to two years, and ever since then, there’s like four n****s who sound like me now. I’m just being honest. I remember before 2007, nobody knew what to do with this s**t.”
Hmmm, I don’t know who in particular he could be talking to. He could be referencing folks like Trey Songz, Frank Ocean, or even popular Canadian crooner The Weeknd, but either way, I see him throwing shade! I just wish people wouldn’t say things like that, because these days, everybody is influenced by everybody (and let’s keep it real, his first album had so many attempts at the brotha trying to sound like Prince). Check out what he had to say in the video below (it’s at the beginning), and see snippets of him performing jams like “Purple Kisses,” “Walking on the Moon,” and “Shawty is a Ten.” Big laughs around the 4.15 mark when he tries to do some kind of awkward crotch-grab dance that MJ wouldn’t be proud of.
And P.S., check out the old-school Roc-a-Fella chain he has on…what could that be about?
Who do you think he’s talking about?
More on Madame Noire!
- How Tweet It Is: Folks Who Need A Twitter Take Down!
- No Ordinary Love: Weird Things That Are Good For Your Relationship
- Double Take! Celebs’ Who Look Just Like Their Parents
- Golden Girls! Gorgeous Gold Accessories – EDITOR PICKS
- Jojoba Oil: A Nourishing and Natural Friend For Your Hair
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- Puurrfectly Poised: Style Icon Eartha Kitt
- Sisters In Hiding: Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Celebs Part II