If you were too busy trying to find a television to watch the Academy Awards on last night like we were, and could only flip to the NBA All-Star Game on TNT occasionally, you may or may have not missed Nicki Minaj open the game. Going through about four songs (“Spaceships,” “Super Bass,” “Moment 4 Life” and “Turn Me On”), she presented both the team’s rosters and in the midst of all that, was able to change wigs (from a colorful neon yellow/green to a purple short wig) and throw on a “Queen” ring with her skintight white and sparkly gray ensemble. The second set of performances for the West team were a lot better than the first for the East in my opinion. The “Spaceships” song just doesn’t float my boat, but “Moment 4 Life” always gets everyone pretty hype. But somebody needs to buy her auto-tune because her singing voice live is like cats screaming at the sight of a bathtub…
And our girl Mary J. Blige (see the last video) helped get the game started by singing the Star Spangled Banner. LOVE, love, love her, but a lot of people thought she overdid it with her rendition and I can agree a little bit. There were a few notes that she over-reached on that made you bring your shoulders up in surprise (like cold water being thrown on you). However, the rest of the performance was pretty good. And may I add that she looked oh-so fabulous!?
But per the usual, you be the judge of the performances and let us know who killed it and who needed to just stop:
PS, the West won…
And now for the West performance…
And as for Mary…
More on Madame Noire!
- Single Setbacks: Distractions That Keep Us From Dating
- Keep It Short! Ladies Who Look Better With Short Hair Cuts
- Chris Brown: Can We Forgive and Forget?
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Pregnant Teen Paralyzed in Shooting Dies Months After Giving Birth to Baby Girl
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body