On the other hand, she attended the Hollywood Reporter’s Nominee’s Night event yesterday for the Academy Awards in something more demure but definitely still sassy. Her sheer lace dress was long and flowing, and it had cutouts for you to get a peek at her back and stomach. That sheer lace all over also gave you peeks of a lot of other things…With spaghetti straps and floral details, Toni literally let it all hang out. The dress was made by designer Marc Bouwer.
In the end, I like the second look a bit better, but I probably wouldn’t have worn it like the superstar. I can’t be showing off my ladybits like that. However, she looks fab, though I wish her hair looked like it did in the first ensemble. That House of Chapple dress was alright, and I know she likes to perform in risque styles, but to me it didn’t look as regal and fly as the Marc Bouwer dress. Plus, her accessories the first time around could have been better. All black everything…you can’t go wrong. Or at least, not THAT wrong.
But what do you think? Which look do you prefer? Or is a no-go all around?
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands