Pass or Play Jams of the Week: Ester Dean & Nicki Minaj, Dawn Richard and Melanie Fiona
Need some new jams for your workout playlist? Well the ladies are doing it big this week.
Singer/songwriter Ester Dean (LOVE “Drop it Low“) teamed up again to do damage with their new track, “Gimmie Money,” a very dance-worthy Rihanna-sounding song for the clubs and the cars. No gold-digging though! They want a man’s time more than his dollars…riiiiiight…The two are known to produce bangers together, as Dean co-wrote the infectious (but now tiring) “Super Bass.” And as all the commentators on YouTube said, Nicki definitely does better work on OTHER people’s joints…Just saying. Check it:
And we’re glad to see that Dawn Richard, formerly of Danity Kane AND Diddy-Dirty Money is stepping out and doing her own thing. Her track “Black Lipstick” has a pretty sweet beat, but I think I’m going to need a couple more listens to figure just what the hell she is talking about, as well as how I feel about the song. Not bad so far though! But I still think she sounds eerily close to Brandy and I’m not sure how I feel about that…Check out that track below:
Melanie Fiona is closing out our new jams. She’s got a new album coming out soon called, The MF Life, and her newest single, “Change the Record,” features rapper B.o.B. The song itself is cool (definitely a poppy, radio-friendly track), but the lyrics seem to be what work for me best. “You can do better, if you don’t like how he’s playing, change the record…” Say that again! It’s no “It Kills Me,” but it’s fun. Check it out for yourself:
What do you think of the songs? What’s wack and what will you be jamming to? Let a sista know!
*Opening photo courtesy of JustJared.com
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands