Meagan Good Says the Show May Go On for Whitney Houston Biopic
Unfortunately, Whitney Houston will never get to see the biopic about her life that she was in talks to help create before her passing. Meagan Good recently talked to E! and shared that she had had discussions with Whitney about playing her in an upcoming film before her death. Now, things are somewhat at a standstill.
“We were fairly in the beginning stages,” she said Tuesday. “We were supposed to meet today actually.”
Though discussion was just starting to happen, Meagan did say a few details had been mulled over—like how the movie should end.
“My feeling is because she has the film Sparkle coming out and she’s brilliant in it and she looks beautiful and healthy, my feeling was that’s how we should end the movie—as a new beginning for her.”
That may all change now, although Meagan said it’s too soon after Whitney’s death to talk about the future of the film. If she does take on the role though, she said one thing is certain: she won’t do any of the singing.
“I don’t think we’ve ever had a singer in history that I remember that could sing like her. Plus, when people see someone’s life story they want to hear that person’s voice because they connect with it, in their spirit and their soul. So you would have to use her voice.”
It’s difficult for me to see Meagan Good in this role, but maybe she’d only play the younger half of Whitney’s life. I’d actually like to see Angela Bassett or Lynn Whitfield take on the later years.
Do you think Meagan is a good choice for this role? If not, who would you like to see portray Whitney?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands