Octavia Spencer’s Giving the “Girls” a Lift After the Oscars
Every now and then a girl’s gotta treat herself and what better time than after the Oscar’s—especially if you win. Whether Octavia Spencer takes home an Academy Award for her role in “The Help” this Sunday or not, she plans to give herself a big reward: a breast lift.
In a recent interview with Parade, she talked about her splurge gift:
“Well, I am going to get my boobs lifted. That’s going to be my first gift. I’m going to do that. I figured going into my forties I want my boobs where they were when I was 17.”
I guess that makes sense…Octavia’s got the details all planned out around her schedule though.
“[R]ight after the Oscars I start a Diablo Cody movie. We’re taping out of the country for four months so I wouldn’t be back here until about August. So I would want to do this around November. Then that way I could just relax until January.”
New breasts sound like the right thing to go with a slimmer body. Since Octavia’s jumped into the limelight, she’s been very vocal about her plans to drop pounds and take on better roles. Maybe new boobs will help too—although I wouldn’t tell the world.
What do you think about Octavia’s gift to herself? Would you announce you were getting work done or just come back new and improved?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands