We See You: Amber Riley Drops 2 Dress Sizes
Amber Riley is getting her Jennifer Hudson on. The 26-year-old “Glee” star showed up at the NAACP Image Awards looking slimmer than usual in a blue sequin gown, and she recently let People magazine in on the secret—she’s dropped two dress sizes.
Amber said she started her transformation last July after chronic stomach pains led her to the doctor. It was then that she said, “I decided I was going to make a change and eat healthier,” which included cutting out fast food and other junk that she said “were attacking my stomach.”
Seven months later, she’s gone down two sizes and said “I’m a lot more comfortable in dresses, especially gowns.” She’s also enjoying the perks of new clothes, since her “Glee” costumes had to be reworked for her new figure. “They bought a lot of new clothes for me and we have to take in a lot of my pants and dresses,” she said.
While she’s enjoying her new body, Amber made it a point to say her diet change was about health, not vanity. “I’ve always been comfortable with my size, I just decided it was time to get healthy.”
Kudos to her!
What do you think of Amber’s slim down?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- My BFF: The Non-Celebrity Besties of The Famous
- Quarterback Calls Off Wedding Hours Before Ceremony
- Do White People Make You Uncomfortable?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
- Are You Being Used? Signs You’ve Got a “Temporary” Friend on Your Hands