Black Girls Rock It Across The Pond: Snaps From The 2012 Brit Awards
Sometimes we forget that there is Black pop artistry happening in places outside of the continent and outside of the United States. Case in point: Britain! The United Kingdom has a huge African and Caribbean population. Besides crossover artists like Estelle and Corinne Bailey Rae, the island has also produced a ton of Black artists who are pretty popular in Europe. You can bet they were representing at the Brit Awards. Although we didn’t get them all, we got a few snapshots of the stars and celebs that make up the Black glitterati there.
2008 X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke and Labrinth attend the Sony aftershow for the 2012 BRIT awards at The Arts Club on February 21, 2012
Model Tallulah Adeyemi attends The BRIT Awards Warner Music aftershow
We love inger Shingai Shoniwa of the Noisettes!
She’s not British but Rihanna stole the show, fashion wise, at the Brit Awards.
Singer Lianne La Havas is a folk and soul singer whose coming out with a new album very soon.
T-Ray Armstrong, Barry ‘Bar-Man’ Hill, Amanda Reifer and Jamar Harding of Cover Drive at the Universal BRIT awards 2012 after party
So we know this slideshow is supposed to be about the ladies but check out this hunky hunk: actor Chucky Venn. Is he the next Idris Elba?
More on Madame Noire!
- ’90s One-(Or Two) Hit Wonders Whose Jams Make Us Want a Comeback
- Should We Boycott Nicki Minaj?
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Saying One Thing and Doin Another: Celebs Who Lack Consistency
- Does the Academy of Motion Pictures Need Affirmative Action?
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Bey and Jay Show Their Love At Knicks-Nets Game
- Dear Evelyn, It Ain’t That Serious