Looking at the preview of what’s to come on this season of Basketball Wives, which premiered on VH1 last night, you may be wondering how Jennifer manages to stay so composed when Evelyn pops off (or why she hasn’t just given her ex-friend the beat down that she needs). But when Jen stopped by the Breakfast Club this morning, she explained why you’ll never catch her throwing bows on TV— but you will see her filing paperwork in the aftermath.
Check out this snippet of the interview.
Why she doesn’t fight in general
“I didn’t have to fight my way through school. I’m not a fighter…It’s crazy that all these fights are happening on TV and I think it sends the wrong message to the youth.”
Whether she regrets not defending herself on camera
“I do, but I don’t want to be fighting on TV. It’s not me. It’s humiliating but I’m not going to hit you physically, I’m going to hit you with a lawsuit. I’m not tolerating abuse whether its from a man or a woman and you can’t put your hands on people and there not be any repercussions.”
How she’s handling the attack from Evelyn’s assistant
“I’m in the process of filing charges. I’m lawyered up.”
Whether she hates Evelyn
“I don’t hate her but I don’t want to be friends. Like I told her, we don’t have to be friends but we don’t have to be enemies. I can be in a room with someone I don’t like but I can be cordial at the same time, that’s just my personality.”
Jen may be boughie, but at least she has sense enough not to embarrass herself in public or on TV. Check out the rest of her radio interview below.
What do you think about the way Jen is handling her beef with Evelyn?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Knew He Wasn’t Into Me When…
- Terrence Howard Says His Wife Is Ruining His Career
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Dealing With Drama?: How To Know When It’s Time To Go
- Does the Academy of Motion Pictures Need Affirmative Action?
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Wild Thang: African Print-Inspired Fashions for Head to Toe
- Why Did I Get Married?: The Trouble With Marrying Too Young