Tyler Perry Spills on His New Cable Network, Tylervision
Tyler Perry is following in the footsteps of his good friend Oprah and launching his own cable network.
Tyler first threw around the idea of launching his own channel with Lionsgate last year under the name Tyler TV, but now it seems the man of many cinema talents has a clearer vision of his new venture, including a new name: Tylervision. In a recent appearance on Jay Leno, he explained the concept behind creating his own network:
“Everything I’ve done, every film, all the television shows, it’s about positivity, inspiration, and uplifting people and I wanted to start a network where you could turn it on for five minutes or five hours and be uplifted,” he said. “There’s so many things that are bringing us down, so that’s my whole purpose for it.”
Tyler also made it clear that he will not be competing with his good friend’s Oprah Winfrey Network, saying programing for his channel will be very different. He’s also not opposed to reality shows—but that opinion rests with what reality is being shown.
Depending on what side of the Tyler Perry fence you’re on this is either great news or a sign of more buffoonery, but you can’t deny this man is making amazing strides as a black man in entertainment.
Check out the clip of his interview on Jay Leno which also features a sneak peak at his upcoming movie “Good Deeds” toward the end.
What do you think about the concept of Tylervision?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Severity Behind Every Street Holla
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Is Sex Addiction the Land Where All Cheating Lovers Go?
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- Dry Season: Seven Reasons to Consider Being Celibate
- What You Do And Don’t Need To Agree On In A Relationship
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Open Letter to Single Black Women