Back, Back, Forth & Forth: No Divorce for Eddie Long
Vanessa Long may be the most indecisive, or the most easily persuaded, woman in America. After filing for divorce from her husband Bishop Eddie Long in December, she immediately took it back within hours, and then refiled again in the same weekend. Now, the divorce case has reportedly been closed and dismissed.
According to the online judicial system record, there are three new entries related to the Longs’ divorce as of Feb. 13, with the descriptions “dismissal,” “certificate of service” and “dismissed without prejudice,” the Christian Post reports.
Luckily for Vanessa’s wishy-washy sake, “dismissed without prejudice” means the case may be re-instituted or re-filed in the future as long as the claim is made within a timely manner—so if she wants to change her mind again she can, as long as it’s within the statute of limitations.
It’s not clear whether Vanessa or Eddie was the one who chose to close the case on the divorce after 21 years of marriage, but I would’ve thought seeing Eddie crowned King by Rabbi Messer at New Birth a few weeks ago would’ve been enough for Vanessa to ask for a rush order on dissolution papers.
What do you think is really going on with these two?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Severity Behind Every Street Holla
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Is Sex Addiction the Land Where All Cheating Lovers Go?
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- Dry Season: Seven Reasons to Consider Being Celibate
- What You Do And Don’t Need To Agree On In A Relationship
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Open Letter to Single Black Women