Vogue Planning Second Issue Dedicated to African Style
It’s been nearly four years since the first issue of L’Uomo devoted to African style was released in November 2008, and the magazine is planning to do it again with a second issue this year.
Vogue Italia editor Franca Sozzani told Styleite that she’s expects the second issue to be published this May or June, and that the scope will go well beyond fashion:
“It will be about the presidents, it will be about the people. But in a very positive way,” she said. “I don’t want to say in a glamorous way, but I wanted to show the best side, but only the good side. There are a lot of talents, a lot of talented people in art, in music, in cinema and everywhere. So I really wanted to push that side.”
Franca is certainly a woman of her word. Earlier this year, she talked abut mentoring Ghanaian designers and helping to push their work to the forefront of the fashion scene, this issue of L’Uomo could do the trick.
Are you excited about this?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Career Bucket List: Things to Accomplish At Your Job Before You Go
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- Why Do We Love Sophia Grace and Not Other Little Black Girls?
- Lies and Deceit: Sex Myths, Fallacies and Falsehoods We Spread
- 7 Misconceptions Men Have About Women
- Reggie Bush: A Man After a Homewrecker’s Own Heart
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Black vs. African American: Do You Have a Preference?