Go Vegan, Have Sex That Will Break Your Neck?
It’s clear a healthy diet increases energy, makes you feel better about yourself, and builds stamina—which even carries over into the bedroom—but will it make a man have the ability to “bring it like a tantric Adult Videos star?” probably not.
That’s the crazy claim in PETA’s new off-color advertisement discussing a fictitious condition known as BWVAKTBOOM: Boyfriend Went Vegan and Knocked the Bottom out of Me. This is a syndrome that affects women whose partners have passed on animal products in favor of fruits and veggies and now give sex so good that, well, it knocks the bottom out of you. I know sex sells, but really PETA? This is just a little raunchy.
More than just being put off by the hypersexual nature of the ad, it also hasn’t take long for some to draw a correlation between neck braces, busted walls, and the smirk on the woman’s face as promotion of sexual violence against women. While I’m pretty sure PETA wasn’t trying to say that, maybe had they stopped at the idea of vegetables providing more energy for sex rather than causing it to break one’s neck, they’d have less problems right now.
Either way, they achieved their mission of getting people to talk about it, which is all the association ever cares about anyway.
Check out the PSA and tell us what you think. Is it clever or just crazy?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Career Bucket List: Things to Accomplish At Your Job Before You Go
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- Why Do We Love Sophia Grace and Not Other Little Black Girls?
- Lies and Deceit: Sex Myths, Fallacies and Falsehoods We Spread
- 7 Misconceptions Men Have About Women
- Reggie Bush: A Man After a Homewrecker’s Own Heart
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Black vs. African American: Do You Have a Preference?