Emma: Hi, I’m from London, England. I’m fed up because I tend to attract psychotic crazy men while all of my friends are in decent relationships. the guy usually starts of really nice then he starts to change. What can I do to attract better men?
D.Y.: Where/how do you usually meet these men?
Emma: The last guy I met was at work. He asked me out to lunch and we went out a couple of times to a bar. At the first date he kissed me and he bit my lip slightly, which I thought was strange. I should have not gone out with him again but I gave him a chance, because of his decent background. Then he started sending text messages saying that he wants me to be his sex slave and that he wants to abuse me. I cut off all contact, but I do find that I attract very controlling men who want to rule my life. I’ve cried many tears over this.
D.Y.: Yeah, that’s strange as hell, lol. I will say that being too nice and too forgiving (which you alluded to when you said you went out with him again even though he creeped you out) can attract faulty people in your life… Not saying you have to be mean, but instead of paying attention to “nice backgrounds,” start paying more attention to whether a guy has compatible personality traits
More on Madame Noire!
- More than Foxy Brown: Queens of Blaxploitation Films
- What’s Your Secret? 40-Something Women Who Look 30-Something
- NFL Player Loses Wife and Mother of Two to Suspected Brain Aneurysm
- Madonna, Chelsea Handler and White Woman Privilege
- Does Beyoncé’s Loreal Campaign Offend You?
- Ray J Discusses Relationships with ‘KK’ and Whitney in New Tell-All Book
- Who Deserves The Blame For Whitney Houston’s Demise?
- 10 Common Natural Hair Habits You Should Stop…Now