Viola Davis Covers L.A. Times Magazine… Naturally
Look at this future Oscar winner rocking her TWA! Viola Davis graces the cover of L.A. Times Magazine this month and she’s looking like we’ve never seen her before.
Not only is she showing her natural, she’s also wearing some fabulous threads by Jason Wu. Check out some of the pictures below:
She also spoke with Andre Leon Talley, contributing editor of Vogue about how her childhood helped her get into character for The Help.
On using real-life experience to draw on for her role in the The Help.
“I have stories of being spit on. You have to realize I was in a predominantly white culture … And third grade was the worst because every day after school I would wait at the door and the bell would ring. And as soon as the bell rang I ran as fast as I could from the front door to my house, which was at least a mile away, because I would have eight to nine boys with sticks, bricks, anything they could find, who were ready to kill me.”
On what her mother told her about bullying“She said, ‘Viola, I want you to take my crochet and needle and you put it in your pocket and if they stop you again you tell them you’re gonna [stab] ’em.'”
On how her life defined her career
“Having it hard made me build so much character … You have to actually say, ‘Is the world going to define me or am I going to define myself.'”
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Were Engaged?
- Quiet On The Set! Celeb’s Who Secretly Hooked Up At Work
- On The Brink Of A Break Up ? Make Sure You Don’t Do It This Way…
- Dangerously In Love: Warning Signs To Protect Your Heart From Harming You
- Neon Sense! Colorful and Playful Pieces to Brighten Up Winter Days
- LORD, Take Me Now! Signs You Hate Your Job
- How to Choose a Hairstyle That Fits Your Face
- Hair Q&A: Protein Treatments and Double Heat