All Hail King Eddie Long
Bump the meek inheriting the earth. Bishop Eddie Long is a king, and he’s got the $60,000 scrolls and the anointing from Rabbi Ralph Messer to prove it.
According to Eurweb, the bishop made his return to New Birth Jan. 29, after taking a leave of absence late last year following accusations of child molestation. Of course, Eddie couldn’t just make any old return to the sanctuary, he had a Rabbi wrap him in 300-year-old sacred scrolls that were discovered about 70 years ago outside a concentration camp in Germany, as he was pronounced a king in God’s government. Subesquently, four men, representing the four corners of the earth, raised him in the air and carried him across the stage on their shoulders.
This was by far the most dramatic production I’ve ever seen in church but I guess that’s what you earn when you’re “no longer a commoner.” Shout outs to the lighting director.
Check out the “king’s” anointing below (they don’t raise him in the air until around the 7-minute mark). Is it safe to say as far as Newbirth is concerned, all is forgiven?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Stupid H*e Isn’t So Stupid: 7 Other Random Videos That Should’ve Been Banned
- Tracy Morgan and Why It’s Hard To Judge Family Relations
- Men of a Certain Age: The Pros and Cons of Dating Much Younger and Older Guys
- Undercover Brothers: Not-So-Famous Brothers of Famous Celebs
- Why Won’t My Hair Grow?!” 4 Reasons Why Your Hair is Stalling
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- I’m a Survivor: Maia Campbell Talks New Career and Sobriety