Another Reality TV Show in the Making: ‘Preacher Wives’
I know, this reality TV thing is getting out of hand, and now TLC wants in on the “Real Housewives” magic. The network is partnering with True Entertainment, the production company behind “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” for a new reality series under the working title of “Preacher Wives.”
The series will follow the “First Ladies” of Atlanta area churches, showing how the women balance being preacher’s wives in the congregation with taking care of their home lives. True Entertainment president Steven Weinstock says:
“We are excited to work with TLC to profile the lives of these strong-willed women. With most praise in religious communities directed towards male preachers, we are thrilled to give these remarkable ladies the spotlight they crave and deserve.”
TLC didn’t announce a projected air date, but one thing is evident: the wives franchises are here to stay.
I wonder what sorts of church secrets this series will dig up. Will you check out Preacher Wives?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Working Your Degree While You’re Waiting: Non-Traditional Paths to Employment
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- Reader Sound Off! 10 Female Singers Who Are Underrated…
- The High-Income Woman’s Guide to Dating a Man Who Makes Less
- The Father, The Son and The Oprah Winfrey
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?