Off to a Bad Start: D’Angelo Falls Off the Stage
Fans who were excited about D’Angelo’s return to R&B will have to wait just a little bit longer because the soulful singer isn’t off to such a good start.
Last night, D’Angelo had to cancel his Amsterdam concert because he fell off the stage before the show began. According to Eurweb:
“The doors were supposed to open at 7[PM],” a source told The BoomBox. “There were a couple hundred people waiting in line. They opened the doors to the venue at about [7:20PM] and a few guys from the venue — bouncers I guess — came outside and informed the crowd that D’Angelo had fallen from the stage last night, and will not be performing tonight.”
I’m sure the ladies were not happy about that, but the show was rescheduled for Feb. 2 so they only have a couple of days to wait while D’Angelo shakes off the pain. It can’t be easy making a comeback after 10 years, but ‘m sure he’ll get it together in no time.
Do you plan on checking out his show when he comes back to the US?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Working Your Degree While You’re Waiting: Non-Traditional Paths to Employment
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- Reader Sound Off! 10 Female Singers Who Are Underrated…
- The High-Income Woman’s Guide to Dating a Man Who Makes Less
- The Father, The Son and The Oprah Winfrey
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?