Raven Symone to Star in Broadway’s “Sister Act”
If there’s one thing we can say about Raven Symone, it’s that the girl stays working. Shortly after the cancellation of her sitcom “State of Georgia” on ABC Family, the starlet has landed the lead role of Deloris Van Cartier in the Broadway play, Sister Act. The play, based on the similarly titled movie, is being produced by Whoopi Goldberg.
This is not Raven’s first time on a Broadway stage. Back when she was five years old, Raven sang with the Boys Choir of Harlem. As Raven prepares to take on this lead role, she’ll replace Patina Miller who has played the role of Deloris since the show first opened this past April.
According to Deadline, Raven will begin rehearsals at the end of February and hit the stage at the end of March. She’ll star in the play for a minimum of six months.
Now that Raven’s involved, do you plan on seeing this play?
More on Madame Noire!
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?
- Evening Eye Candy: Actor Jason Momoa
- Sexual Health Myths Even Adults Believes
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- 8 Signs The Guy You’re Messing With Is NOT a Grown A** Man
- Close Call! Actors Who ALMOST Played A Few Surprising Roles…
- Want Kids? See What Mother’s Wish They Knew Before Starting A Family…
- Somebody Come Get This Fool: Bow Wow Reveals Celeb Chicks He Slept With