Mistress Demanding $12K in Back Child Support from Jesse Jackson
It’s not a good day for fathers. First Rick Ross was hit with a paternity suit, now Jesse Jackson’s former mistress says the politician owes her $12,000 in back child support.
Revered Jesse fathered his daughter Ashley with his former mistress Karin Stanford 12 years go, but according to court papers she filed, the Rev failed to pay support from December 2010 until August 2011, including minimal monthly fees of $400.
According to Eurweb, a source told the National Enquirer, “Karin has tried so many times to work with Jesse on their financial agreement but he was only paying when he felt like it, so she’s taking him to court.”
The 70-year-old may need to make some adjustments if retirement is making it too difficult to keep up with child support, otherwise he better pay up!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- For the Cool in You: Classic & Kooky Leather Jackets You’ll Love
- Terribly Tatted Up: When Celebrities Get Ratchet Tattoos for the Ones They Love
- Style Icon: Tina Turner
- Stereotypes That Black People Uphold
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Are You A Socially Awkward Black Girl?