President Obama Sings Al Green at the Apollo
Feeling the spirit of the Apollo theater, President Obama briefly broke into a verse of “Let’s Stay Together” before speaking to a crowd at the Harlem fundraiser yesterday.
Al Green performed before the president took the stage and once Obama finished his line, the crowd broke out into cheers as he said “Those guys didn’t think I would do it, I told you I was gonna do it.
The president can actually carry a little tune, which may be why, as he said, “the sandman did not come out.”
Check out the clip below and tell us what you think.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- For the Cool in You: Classic & Kooky Leather Jackets You’ll Love
- Terribly Tatted Up: When Celebrities Get Ratchet Tattoos for the Ones They Love
- Style Icon: Tina Turner
- Stereotypes That Black People Uphold
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time
- Are You A Socially Awkward Black Girl?