A couple of months ago, Queen Latifah told More magazine that she would like to become a mother, saying she’s “definitely going to adopt, or have a child,” and when the Queen stopped by the Wendy Williams’ show today, she sounded like she was leaning a little more toward having.
She told the gossip queen, “I’ve been practicing,” although she said she was just joking, adding:
“God willing, it will work out however it’s supposed to work out and that’s the plan.”
Demonstrating the levelheadedness we love about her, Queen Latifah talked about people getting caught up in the hype around pregnancy, forgetting that at the end of the day it’s about whether the baby and the mother are health. So, she said:
“I’d love to be a mom, but how that works out exactly I can’t say.”
I’m excited for her and I hope things work out whichever way suits her best. Could you imagine Queen Latifah pregnant?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Things Grown Women Don’t Fall For
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time