If you’ve been on our site for a week or more, you know that we love to use the word “ratchet.” Being that it’s a relatively new slang term, some of you have had questions about the meaning. Instead of giving you a simple Urban Dictionary definition of the word, I thought I’d share this video that so adequately and completely defines what the word means and the type of women who embody it.
Check the video.
Not only is the video so accurate, the lyrics of this song are infinitely better than some of the stuff on the radio today. Talk about storytelling.
What do you think of the video and the word ratchet?
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Things Grown Women Don’t Fall For
- Color on Campus: What It Really Feels Like to Be the Only Black Girl
- The Most Painful Things A Woman Can Say To A Man
- Huh?!?: 8 Media Moments That Made Us Go WTF
- We Are Family: Shocking Celebrity Relatives!
- Let’s Be Real: Things in Life You Need to Blame Yourself For From Time to Time