The speculation is over. British actress Naomie Harris has officially been named the newest bond girl in the James Bond film series. Naomie will initially play an M16 field agent named Eve in “Skyfall,” the 23rd Bond movie to date, before transforming into Bond’s foil, Miss Moneypenny. Actor Daniel Craig will play her leading man.
Eve “[believes] she is Bond’s equal, but she is really his junior.”
You may remember Naomie from her roles in two of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies; she also starred in “28 Days Later.” The 35-year-old actress says she’s been working hard to prep for this role in the 007 series.
“I’ve been doing yoga three times a week, stunt driving, and firing machine guns—which I discovered I had a real taste for. I’m raring to go!”
“Skyfall” is due for release in the UK Oct. 26 and will hit US theatres Nov. 9. Will you check it out?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Celebrities That Should Have Reality Shows
- Get Fabulous In A Flash! Simple Tricks to Instantly Look Gorgeous
- Reasons Why Women Overlook “Nice Guys”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.