Barely a day out the womb and hip hop royalty’s daughter is already a recording artist. Jay Z didn’t waste any time getting into the studio to record his thoughts on his new baby girl on the song “Glory” and you can even hear his daughter crying in the background at the end of the track.
The emotional song talks about Jay’s excitement as a proud papa and the sadness of Beyonce having a miscarriage before giving birth to Blue Ivy Carter Jan. 8.
Here are a few of the lyrics. Listen to the full track below:
The most amazing feeling I feel
Words can’t describe what I’m feeling is real
Baby I’ll paint the sky blue, my greatest creation was you
False Alarms and false starts
All made better by the sound of your heart
All the pain of the last time
I prayed so hard it was the last time
Your mama said you danced for her
Did you wiggle your hands for her
Last time the miscarriage was so tragic
We was afraid you’d disappear
But nah baby you magic.
What do you think about the song?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Celebrities That Should Have Reality Shows
- Get Fabulous In A Flash! Simple Tricks to Instantly Look Gorgeous
- Reasons Why Women Overlook “Nice Guys”
- Bump Up Your Bob! Spice Up Your Sleek Style With These Tips
- S*** Black Girls Say vs. S*** White Girls Say to Black Girls
- Six Fashion Trends Sistas Need to Change. Now.