Etta James is Terminally Ill
Etta James’ live-in doctor is asking for prayers for the blues singer, saying she is now terminally ill.
James’ health has been on a steady decline over the past few years, and although people knew she was sick, her doctor says people didn’t know just how sick. Two weeks ago, her chronic leukemia was declared incurable, and the singer also suffers from dementia and kidney failure.
The doctor says she’s spreading the word about her condition so fans can send prayers her way.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic
More on Madame Noire!
- Dead Three Years and Nobody Notices
- Kissing Frogs: Men Every Woman Dates Before Finding the One
- How to Avoid the 45 Year-Old ‘WTF-I’m-Still-Single’ Moment
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- 7 Leave-In Conditioners for Soft and Supple Hair
- This Ain’t VH1’s Version: The Real Real Football Wives of The NFL