‘The Help’ Snags 4 SAG Nominations
Whether you were for or against “The Help,” the film was one of the most talked about movies of the year, and not just for the controversy. Many people praised the performances of the cast and the Screen Actors Guild has taken notice, nominating the film for four SAG awards.
Viola Davis was nominated for her lead role as Aibileen Clark, while Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain will both compete in the Best Supporting Actress category. The film was also nominated for Outstanding Performance By A Cast In A Motion Picture.
The SAGs are usually seen as an indicator of what’s to come for the Oscars, so “The Help” should clean up pretty nicely there, too. Congratulations ladies!
Check out the full list of nominees for the 18th Annual SAG awards, airing Jan. 29, here. What do you think about the nominations?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- How to Avoid the 45 Year-Old ‘WTF-I’m-Still-Single’ Moment
- How to Know When to Have Sex With Him
- 7 Ways Men Wish They Could Satisfy You
- Changing Faces: Common Cosmetic Surgeries Performed in 2011
- The Hatey Bunch: Biggest Celebrity Haters?
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- Young, Black and Fly: Malia Obama’s Trendsetting Style