Mary J. Blige to Star in ‘Rock of Ages’
It may seem odd for the Queen of Hip-Hop/Soul Mary J. Blige to star in a film about Rock & Roll, but the R&B songstress says she couldn’t be more excited to be a part of a film with such an all-star cast.
“Rock of Ages” is based on the Tony-nominated Broadway musical about a small-town girl and a big-city boy who meet while pursuing their dreams of making it as an actress and a rock star in Hollywood. Some of the biggest actors in the industry are lined up to star in the movie musical, including Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, and Paul Giamatti. Here’s what Mary J. had to say about her role:
“It’s a classic 80′s rock film that I’m so blessed to be in. It features an all-star cast, which I’m still pinching myself about working with. I play a Gentleman’s Club owner, who inspires the women working there and encourage them in their life journeys.”
Check out the trailer and tell us what you think? Is this something you’d check out to see Mary’s performance?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- How to Avoid the 45 Year-Old ‘WTF-I’m-Still-Single’ Moment
- How to Know When to Have Sex With Him
- 7 Ways Men Wish They Could Satisfy You
- Changing Faces: Common Cosmetic Surgeries Performed in 2011
- The Hatey Bunch: Biggest Celebrity Haters?
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- Young, Black and Fly: Malia Obama’s Trendsetting Style