Michelle Obama Sets World Record
On Oct. 11, Michelle Obama hosted 400 local children on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period, and today the first lady announced that her effort succeeded.
Organized by National Geographic Kids magazine, the effort was held in conjunction with the first lady’s Let’s Move! initiative to promote physical fitness and healthy eating for children. The 300,265 people who participated in the event shattered the previous record set by 20,000 participants. Something tells me she’ll be holding this title for a while. Go first lady!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- WEEKEND WRAP UP: Kat Williams Wins Back Custody, Common vs. Drake? + More!
- Over Age Acne? Learn How To Beat the Bumps
- The Odd Couple: Hollywood’s Most Shocking Relationships
- Changing Faces: Common Cosmetic Surgeries Performed in 2011
- Do You Have a Love List?
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- Family Feud: Celebrity ‘Blood’ Battles