More Divas Added to VH1 Soul Celebration
The list of singers who will be performing on “VH1 Divas Celebrate Soul” just keeps on growing. Ms. Anita Baker has now been added to the lineup along with Mavis Staples, Wanda Jackson, and Ledisi.
As the show’s headliners, Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie J., Kelly Clarkson, and Florence + The Machine will all pay tribute to the cities that have had a significant impact on Soul music like Chicago, Detroit, London, Memphis and Philadelphia. Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Boyz II Men, Estelle, Marsha Ambrosius and Travie McCoy have also been asked to join the mix as performers.
The show is just one week away from airing on VH1 Dec. 19 at 9pm. Who are you most excited to see?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- WEEKEND WRAP UP: Kat Williams Wins Back Custody, Common vs. Drake? + More!
- Over Age Acne? Learn How To Beat the Bumps
- The Odd Couple: Hollywood’s Most Shocking Relationships
- Changing Faces: Common Cosmetic Surgeries Performed in 2011
- Do You Have a Love List?
- Unforgivable Hood Baby Names: Celebrity Edition
- Family Feud: Celebrity ‘Blood’ Battles