Making Sure Your Business Would Survive a Break-Up

April 14, 2011  |  

(Huffington Post) — If, for whatever reason, your husband is entitled to an ownership interest in your business and you don’t want to be partners after the divorce, you have a number of ways to pay him off, including:

A – Using your share of other marital assets including cash, stocks, real estate, retirement funds, etc.

B – Property Settlement Note – this is a long-term payout with interest of the amount you owe your ex-spouse for the value of his share of your business.

C – Using an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) to raise funds by selling a portion of your business to your employees.

Read More…


Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN