Beauty Of 5: Taraji P. Henson’s MUA Ashunta Sheriff Shares Makeup Tips And Tricks
When it comes to applying a fierce beauty beat for our favorite celebs, no one quite compares to Ashunta Sheriff. The woman behind the gorgeous looks of Taraji P. Henson, Zendaya, Alicia Keys and plenty more, her hands should be insured!
While many of us don’t have the luxury of getting our faces beat by a celebrity MUA, that doesn’t mean we can’t learn a few tricks to take our makeup game up a few notches. Thankfully, we caught up with Ashunta at her Vaseline #ListenToYourMoms Masterclass to get some tips.
From highlighting, keeping your lips soft and supple, making your mascara last and so much more, it’s time to level up. If you’re ready to learn some new tricks for a flawless application, keep reading!
- Lock in moisture. If you’re working with thirsty skin, it’s important to keep your skin moisturized for a flawless makeup look. In these times, Ashunta recommends patting your skin with Vaseline ($3.85, walmart.com) after applying your serum or moisturizer for long-lasting moisturizer. Simply take a dime-sized amount, coat your hands and press into the skin.
- Keep your lips soft and supple. Chapped and dry lips can be a nightmare. Keep dead skin at bay with a lip scrub. Instead of buying a lip scrub you can make one in the comfort of your home. Combine equal parts Vaseline jelly, honey and brown scrub to your desired consistency. Apply to the lips and wipe off after buffing. The result: a smooth and kissable pout.
- Extend the life of your mascara. There is nothing worse than running low on your mascara. However, there is a quick fix that can buy you some time before you purchase a new tube. Apply Vaseline Jelly to your arm and rub your mascara wand into the product. Insert the wand back into the mascara tube and twist backward. This method will release leftover product and last you about seven days. You’re welcome!
- Take your makeup from day-to-night. If you have a hot date planned after work or planning to grab drinks with the girls, you want your makeup to go the distance. While eye makeup can fade throughout the day, all you need is Vaseline to keep your look popping from day-to-night. Apply Vaseline Jelly to your arm and dab a small amount on a flat brush. Swipe the brush on your arm to remove excess product and dab on your eyes. This will keep your makeup in place and add a luminous layer to your look.
- Customize your highlight for all-day wear. One of Ashunta’s favorite tricks is to create a highlight cocktail. Pour your highlighter of choice on the palm of your hand. Blend bronzer, your highlighter and a dime-sized amount of Vaseline jelly together with the end of a makeup brush. Apply to your cheekbones, bridge of the nose and anywhere else you’d like to highlight for an eye-catching glow. You can even apply this concoction on your legs to achieve that effortless glow Taraji was flaunting at the 2019 BET Awards.