She wore a Blumarine Spring/Summer 2019 ready to wear look and looked great in a drop waist rose pleated skirt and silk pussy bow top.
Browning’s style is short but still shows off her curls and is a fun summer look. Not ready to commit to the style 100%? No worries, you can fake the look in five easy steps! Keep reading.
- You are going to need some bobby pins ($5.99, sallybeauty.com) to pin up your hair in the back and the side. I use the black pins to blend into my hair; however, hair accessories are trending, so why not make it fun?! Try these pearl bobby pins ($7.99, outlet.loft.com) for a classy evening look. If you feel like splurging, these full heart bobby pins ($228.00, shopbop.com). Don’t pin too much hair on the side or else you will end up with a mohawk vs a tapered look.
- You will want to have a flexible gel to hold your hair in place when you are pinning it up. I like Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel ($15.35, amazon.com).
- When you are pinning your hair on the side, make sure you let some of it fall to help create this tapered shape. You might have to pin specific curls into place.
- Now it’s time to deal with the front of your hair. If you don’t have bangs, you can pin them to create a faux bang.
- If you have Type 4 hair, this style might look best on a day 2 wash and go hair or twist out.
What do you think of this hairstyle? Will you be trying the faux tapered style?