Underemployed? File for Benefits

January 14, 2011  |  

(Bankrate) — If you’ve been fired or laid off, there’s state unemployment insurance to fall back on. If you’re injured on the job, there’s workers’ compensation, or even private disability insurance if you have a policy. But what if you are one of the millions of Americans — nearly one in five of us (18.6 percent) according to the latest Gallup numbers — who are underemployed, defined as still drawing income from reduced hours or part-time work?  Depending on where you live, you may qualify for partial underemployment or work-share benefits, little-known state programs that can help bridge the gap between what you’re making now and what you used to make.

Read More…

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN