Casting Call: Detroit
One X Studios is creating a documentary designed to spark a “Legacy” conversation around building Black generational wealth. This enriching film pays tribute to Black wealth builders of the past and aims to inspire millennials today to create a new financial legacy for themselves and/or their families.
We are seeking to profile millennials at various stages of financial wellness who will provide the core narratives within the documentary. Each person should be actively working to improve their financial standing and build a legacy of wealth. We’re looking for individuals in Tulsa, Detroit, and Atlanta who can provide inspiration and financial lessons/awareness, or who have a direct connection to one of these locations that propelled them to create a positive legacy going forward.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a single mother trying to make ends meet, or a recent college graduate trying to combat student loan debt, we’re interested in dynamic stories related to your personal financial journey. The documentary will air on MadameNoire, TVOne and CleoTV.
- Located in Detroit
- Mother in your 30’s
- Dynamic everyday people story
- Employed and striving for greater financial success
- Have an artistic expression as a hobby or dream you aspire to (ie. poet,artist, singer, dancer)
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send headshot, age, short bio, and current location to email@example.com
- In 3-4 sentences describe your financial journey and what creating a legacy means to you.
All submissions must be completed by 8 am EST Tuesday, February 5, 2019.