Him Too? Anthony Anderson Accused Of Sexual Assault By Caterer That Allegedly Took Place A Year Ago

July 21, 2018  |  

anthony anderson accused of sexual assault

Getty

Another day, another sexual assault accusation from a woman who feels empowered enough by the #MeToo movement to come forward about yet another unfortunate incident that allegedly took place at the hands of a Hollywood heavy weight abusing his authority. This time, The Blast reports the actor being accused is none other than “Black-ish” actor Anthony Anderson.

Sources close to the situation claim that the woman made a report to the Hollywood Division of LAPD earlier this year and filed a police report detailing an assault she says took place stemming from an event she catered for the actor about a year ago. The accuser says the assault occurred in a meeting following the event to talk future business opportunities. She cites the #MeToo movement as motivation in the decision to come forward with her claims.

Although specific details about the assault are unclear the LAPD confirms that Anderson has been listed as a suspect in the crime and there is currently an open investigation.

Anderson’s team released a statement saying that Anderson denies any knowledge of the assault and says he has not been contacted by the authorities:

“It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”

In 2004, an extra on set of the Oscar-winning movie Hustle & Flow accused Anderson and an assistant director of raping her in a trailer on the Memphis set. After the woman’s testimony did not produce probable cause to warrant the charges standing, the case was dropped.

Anderson recently received his fourth consecutive Emmy nomination for his role as Andre Johnson on Black-ish starring alongside Tracee Ellis-Ross. He found himself at the center of gender pay gap disparity discussion when rumors flew that the actor made significantly more than Ross for the show.

Variety reports he is set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame later this year.

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN