MadameNoire Featured Video

Washington teen raped at a party after overdosing


The Herald recently reported Lynnwood resident, 19-year-old Brian Roberto Varela, could face charges of rape, manslaughter and homicide by controlled substance. According to police, the suspect allegedly bragged about sexually assaulting his victim as she died while overdosing on Percocet pills and liquid THC. It is reported Varela then attempted to cover up her death by hacking into her cellphone. During the incident, Varela is said to have sent a group message to friends that showed a “a semi-nude, unconscious young woman with swollen blue lips.” Court papers say the picture included the following caption:

“LOL I think she od’d, still breathing.”

According to The Herald, reports say Varela used a slang word for sex and suggested he’d been engaging in intercourse with her “to pass the time.”

Police identified the young woman as Alyssa Mae Noceda, an 18-year-old Mariner High School student. Noceda’s mother says her daughter had gone to a party Saturday evening in a mobile home park in the 400 block of Lakeview Road, where she met Varela.

Varela’s roommate tells police he saw Noceda alive after 9 p.m. on Saturday. The next morning Varela came to get him for help and told him the young women had “snorted a line of crushed Percocet pills, took a ‘dab’ of liquid THC and passed out.” The roommate says he advised Varela to call police, but he didn’t and instead went to work a double shift at the local Dairy Queen.

At the icecream parlor Varela shared with coworkers that he engaged in sexual intercourse with Noceda while she was passed out and afterwards considered taking her to the hospital but ultimately decided he was “too tired” to do so. He admitted the young woman seemed “out of it” during sex. Varela states he fell asleep around 4:30 a.m., woke up to find Noceda cold and stiff, and then showed his roommates the body. After work, Varela grabbed a plastic tub from his mother’s house to dispose of the body. He washed the body to try and remove any DNA after researching how to get rid of a dead body on-line. He also used the dead woman’s thumb to unlock her iPhone 8, to make a post on the app Snapchat that would make people think she’d run away from home.

On Wednesday, Judge Tam Bui found probable cause to hold Varela in jail. She set bail at $500,000. Deputy prosecutor Bob Hendrix said the allegations involving Varela show “a callous and shocking disregard for human life.” In front of around 25 observers, Gina Pierson expressed her disgust with Varela:

“She was just an innocent 18-year-old girl, having fun, and (she) was taken advantage of.”

“I want to know why. She didn’t deserve it. Nobody deserves anything that bad.”

We hope Noceda’s family get the justice they seek in this tragic incident.

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN