Ayesha Curry’s Great American Baking Show Cancelled After Cast Member Accused Of Sexual Misconduct

December 18, 2017  |  

You may not have known this, but Ayesha Curry had a show on ABC called the Great American Baking Show. A spinoff of the popular Great British Bake Off, the series followed a group of amateur bakers every episode who compete against each other in multiple rounds, hoping to impress the judges and not be eliminated so they can make it to the finals. But in this case, it’s the show that’s been eliminated, and after only one episode.

Ayesha Curry show

Getty

Curry and Anthony “Spice” Adams, former NFL player and Instagram star, were the hosts of the show, but it’s the possible behavior of one of the judges that is putting an end to the series altogether. The judges included Paul Hollywood and Johnny Iuzzini, and the latter has been accused of sexual misconduct. Iuzzini reportedly created an environment that was “rampant” with acts of sexual harassment, this claimed by four different women who worked for the well-known pastry chef between the years of 2009 and 2011. Their stories were shared last month by the news site Mic.

In response, Iuzzini said the women’s claims were “inaccurate.” However, yet another story came out last week via Mic with four more sources saying he behaved inappropriately towards them, including some who worked at the Jean-Georges restaurant in New York City with him.

The allegations were enough for ABC to decide by the end of last week to pull the show completely.

“In light of allegations that recently came to our attention, ABC has ended its relationship with Johnny Iuzzini and will not be airing the remainder of ‘The Great American Baking Show’ episodes,” the network said in a statement. “ABC takes matters such as those described in the allegations very seriously and has come to the conclusion that they violate our standards of conduct.”

According to Shadow and Act, the 28-year-old’s show will be replaced by The Great Christmas Light Fight and a CMA Country Christmas for the remainder of the holiday season.

No comment from either Curry or Adams about the abrupt cancellation of the show as of yet, but Iuzzini of all people said he’s disappointed and feels terribly for everyone who worked on the series with him who has been impacted.

“While I understand ABC felt pressured to make this difficult decision, I am extremely disappointed and saddened that the show will not continue to air as scheduled,” he said in statement to CNN. “I feel terrible for the bakers, fans of the show, the cast and everyone else involved in the production.”

Trending on MadameNoire

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN