All Articles Tagged "Yoga Journal"
After one of the most epic snubs in Grammy Award history and a less-than-legendary release of her album ”Testimony” in the summer of 2006, singer India Arie says she was compelled to look inward for acceptance.
“I had to leave the road and get myself together,” Arie told Yoga Journal magazine in an interview for their September 2012 music issue.
According to the magazine’s contributing writers Neal Pollack and Mary Bolster:
When she returned home to Atlanta after touring, the first thing she did was kneel down and press through the balls of her feet. “It was profound how good it felt,” she says. “I just started balling my eyes out.”
Arie went on to explain how she has traveled with a yoga mat everyday since, practicing daily, changing her diet and fine tuning both herself and her music in the process.
Read more about how yoga helped India through her creative process on BlackVoices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect
- Reality TV Repeat Offenders: 8 People Who’ve Been On Multiple Reality Shows
- Jasmine Diaz, Founder of the Shawn Mackenzi Agency, On the Business of Matchmaking
- “You’ll Find Love When You Stop Looking” And Other Advice To Ignore
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″