All Articles Tagged "working out"
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this episode of Mommy in Chief, Laila Ali demonstrates exercise tips to staying in shape when you’re a busy mom on the go. Still trying to get rid of that baby bump? Don’t worry because she has something for you too!
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- New Host, New Topics, Mommy in Chief is Back!
- Episode 1: Learn How to Make Laila Ali’s Oven Fried Chicken!
- Episode 1: Mommy-To-Be: Pregnancy In 3 Stages
- Episode 2: The Truth About Breastfeeding
- Episode 3: Delivery Debate: Natural Birth Vs. C-Section
- Episode 4: The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift
- Episode 5: Actress Kym Whitley Talks New Baby & Food Allergies for Kids
- Episode 6: Keeping Your Child Entertained This Summer Without TV
- Episode 7: Ask a Black Father | Mommy in Chief Father’s Day Special
- Episode 8: Building Your Child’s Self Esteem
- Episode 9: Highlights & Bloopers | The Best Moments of Mommy in Chief Season 3
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!
If you are like most people starting a fitness journey, you are likely experiencing some ups and downs. You may have even hit a plateau and can’t lose those last 10 lbs. Sometimes, your body just hits a wall and you have to take your workouts to a new level, and other times it’s your own hang-ups that are holding you back. There are a few bad habits that may be holding you back from your fitness goals.
If you and your partner want to get in shape and have become work out buddies, that’s great; but the rest of us go to the gym to take our minds off of things, including our love lives (or lack thereof). When working out with your partner in public, please refrain from the following — or else you will become that annoying couple.
Going to the gym can be fun, beneficial, and sometimes like a weird social experiment. You have people who are extremely dedicated on improving themselves, in an enclosed space, with limited mirror room, and testosterone is a-flowing. Sometimes when you mix sweat and hard work with human error, you will come across certain mishaps that will either have you laughing, feeling embarrassed for the person, or embarrassed for yourself. Trust me, after being flung off a treadmill myself, I definitely know of the mishaps that can happen at the gym. Here is a list of 9 more, and share your own weird experiences/memories in the comment section.
Not everyone is an expert when it comes to working out and exercising. However, there are tons of tips, tricks, and secrets that will make working out one of the best things you’ve ever done for yourself. If you are looking to learn more about physical fitness or if you have decided that now is the time to lead a more active lifestyle, here are 15 workout tips that are sure to make your experience worthwhile.
Have realistic goals
Are you looking to lose 50lbs? Do you want to tone up and put on some muscle mass? Once you have a main goal in mind, you’ll want to divide it into more realistic and attainable goals. While you can lose 50lbs eventually, it’s a lot easier and much more self-pleasing to have mini goals, such as losing 5lbs each month. Make sure you have mini goals that lead to your main goal, or else you’ll have a hard time feeling like you’ve accomplished anything.
When it comes to staying active throughout the day and living a healthier life, our jobs tend to be the thorn in our sides. Since many people work sedentary or semi-sedentary jobs, it’s hard to stay active during work hours. But, the human body is designed to be on the move as much as necessary, which means that sitting down for hours at a time each day can be detrimental to your health. Thankfully there are plenty of ways to get your exercise in during work. Here are 14 ways to do just that.
Sometimes it’s the little things that can really detract from the success of your workout. If you’ve noticed that you aren’t seeing changes in the mirror or if exercising has become increasingly painful, you are more than likely doing something wrong. Most women don’t even know their making a mistake, which leaves a lot of room for error. Here are 14 of the most common workout mistakes that, luckily, can be easily fixed.
Not everyone wants to spend hours at the gym each week in order to exercise, and not everyone has the money to buy all of the necessary equipment that is needed to create an at-home-gym. If you’re looking to exercise and live a healthier life without worrying about strapping yourself for cash, you’re in luck! Here are 14 ways to exercise at home, which means you’ll never have to set foot inside of a gym or spend outrageous amounts of money on gym equipment.
When it comes to exercise, it’s hard for someone else to determine whether or not it’s time for a change. Exercise is a personal thing and your workout routine results and problems can only be recognized by you. No matter if you’re a novice to physical fitness or an expert, there’s always wiggle room for change when it comes to your workout routine. Here are 14 signs that you need to switch up your exercise regime ASAP!