All Articles Tagged "women"
As awesome as it is for us ladies to have our knight in shining armor cater to our needs, there are certain things we need to pull up our sleeves and do ourselves. No one should be so co-dependent on a person (regardless of sex) that they don’t know how to fend for themselves. Whether your a sexy independent woman or the better half of a fantastic man, here’s a look at some tasks all women should know how to do—even if sometimes it’d be nice for someone else doing some of them for you.
CHANGE A FLAT
There is nothing more annoying than being stuck on the side of the road with either no phone or cell reception to call for help. Should you ever get a flat you really need to learn how to change a tire on your own. Once you get the hang of things it should only take a few minutes, which will keep you on schedule while saving some money. Here’s a quick video to show you how.
Read more on LatinaMadre.com.
Once he puts a ring on it, do you have to cut certain behaviors off? We’re just asking because when Kandi Burruss opened a sex toy shop, everything was cool. But when she got married and posted photos of her honeymoon thong, the Internet lost it’s mind. When married celebrity women turn up like this, fans get upset quick and start saying you can no longer do the following…
Show Too Much Skin
Right after Kandi Burruss got married, she posted an Instagram slideshow of some very-close-up shots of her in a thong. But when fans gave newly-married Kandi shade, the music mogul took the pictures down.
Despite the increasing presence of women and minorities in the entertainment industry, the Writer’s Guild of America reports the picture isn’t quite so rosy when you look at the number of writers working behind the scenes. Even when there have been gains, they’re small. And where money is concerned, the wage gap is real.
“Female writers accounted for 15% of feature film work in 2012, the latest year tracked in the survey, down from 17% in 2009. Minority writers remained stuck at 5% of film jobs, unchanged from 2009, but the survey shows minority writer earnings declined over the same period even as paydays for white male writers increased. In TV, minority employment reached 11% in 2012, the highest level in a decade. Female employment dipped to 27%, down 1% from 2009, while the earnings gap between male and female writers closed ever so slightly (by 1 cent in 2012 compared to 2009) to 92 cents for every dollar earned by males.”
Deadline Hollywood notes that minorities watch disproportionate amounts of television and film despite their smaller presence in the industry. The median age of an industry writer is 41 to 50 years old.
The Writer’s Guild of America, West is a labor union that represents writers in film, television, radio and in internet programming.
“Before we are likely to realize meaningful, sustained change…other industry players – the networks, studios, and agents – will have to go well beyond what they have routinely done in the past to address the troubling shortfalls evident on the diversity front among writers,” said Darnell M. Hunt, director of the Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies at UCLA, the author of the study.
The WGA full study, “Turning Missed Opportunities Into Realized Ones: The 2014 Hollywood Writers Report,” will be made available in June.
Women do it all the time: when their man does one little thing that upsets them, they set a little trap to see just how far he’ll go. And then, when he falls directly into it, they get more upset. Admit it: when you say the next 15 things, you’re giving your guy a test that you know he’ll fail.
- It’s all his, he doesn’t have to share. – Part of every relationship is sharing. The turnoff is that nobody really likes to share. Right now, everything he owns is his and it’s the way he wants it to be. He doesn’t want someone else coming and taking up his time with his things.
- His life is pretty awesome. – He can go where he wants, he can do what he wants, and he can do who he wants. He doesn’t have any ties to anyone and there is nothing pulling on him. We call this freedom. The ultimate goal in life is not to live one of slavery and being tied down.
- He hasn’t met the one who makes him want to change. – There are some men who are willing to give a relationship a try even when they don’t think she’s the one for them. They hope that over time they’ll grow to love them. Then there are the ones who don’t budge until he meets the one who makes him want to change everything in his life for her. If he is the latter, he’s not budging until he meets her.
- No really, his life is pretty awesome. – I don’t think you understand, the life he lives is awesome. When they say relationships are hard work, they mean it. When they tell you to stay single as long as you can, they meant it. He’s got the freedom to pick up and go at a moment’s notice. This makes his personal and professional life soar. He doesn’t want to give that up.
- Coupled and married life sounds pretty boring. – When he talks to all his friends that are married or in serious relationships; their life sounds boring. They’re talking about date nights, wine tasting, shopping for things for the home and splitting TV shows with the misses. His boys are all talking about their kids and “saving.” He’s more interested in living and riding life until the wheels fall off.
- The women in his life are too important and he’s not dating any of them. – If he’s made it this far there’s probably a lot of female friends and a mama hanging around. When those women become too important in his life there isn’t much room for anymore estrogen. He knows this and he knows that any type of relationship will require a shift that he’s not interested in.
- It’s much easier to get ahead in life. – When I said that it makes it easier for his professional life to soar, I wasn’t kidding. Some of our best years in our career are when we have nothing else to worry about our career. It also helps you reach your goals when you have an individualistic approach to reaching them. If he wants to work 100 hours a week, there’s nobody there to tell him things like, “you spend time on things, you want to spend time on” in an attempt to guilt trip him in changing priorities.
If you are or have ever been pregnant then you’ve probably secretly thought these things during those incredible, but rocky, nine months! And If you’ve never been pregnant, reading these will just give you 15 more reasons not to mess with an expectant mother.
There are way too many women out there who spend way too much time trying to figure out whether or not they should continue to date a man who’s no good for thing. Sadly, even though the answer is sometimes an obvious no, a lot of women will stay in the relationship and hang in there, even if there’s no real reason to do so. Here are 14 reasons women stay with the wrong men.
From Single Black Male
I came across an article over on Thought Catalog titled “13 Ways You Know You’re Dating a High-Quality Woman.” Here are some of my favorites or most cosign-able items from the list, and a few thoughts to go along with them:
4. She has a part of her life that doesn’t involve you. Friends, hobbies, career — whatever. She’s confident and independent enough to not need your involvement in everything she does.
You really don’t need to do everything and be everywhere together. In fact, I don’t even think that’s healthy. Men still like to hang with the fellas, and we’d like to hope that our sig others would still want to see their girls. Besides, what else is there to talk about when you know everything because you’re always there?
5. You wouldn’t think twice about inviting her into different parts of your life: a barbecue with your college friends, a dinner with your parents, a fancy work party — she knows how to handle herself in different settings. She’s mature enough to make a good impression with your colleagues and wise enough to know letting loose with your friends and having fun doesn’t mean she’s immature.
7. When she is in a situation where she doesn’t know people, she introduces herself confidently. She doesn’t cling meekly to your side waiting for you to facilitate every social interaction.
These two go together. A high-quality woman makes our lives easier. If even for a few minutes at a time. It can be difficult when you’re out at an event and trying to network or catch up with people, but you can’t focus on the conversations because you’re worried about her in the corner, or you’re constantly trying to weave her into chats. Don’t get it twisted; it’s polite and we should be proud to introduce her to people. However, it shouldn’t feel like a chore. This is another time where independence comes in handy.
Read more about dating at SingleBlackMale.org
You’re never too old to grow up and stop participating in foolishness, like…
Chasing a Man
It’s just not a good look.