All Articles Tagged "Whitey Houston"
There shouldn’t be any fights over Whitney Houston’s estate because the deceased singer has explicitly left everything to her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, in a will.
Although specific assets aren’t mentioned in the papers, it leaves all furnishings, clothing, personal effects, jewelry, and cars to her surviving children—of which Bobbi is the only one. The will was signed on Feb. 3, 1993, which was about one month before she gave birth to her daughter, and the will was amended in 2000 while Whitney was still married to Bobby Brown.
Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager, Patricia Houston, was appointed the administrator of the estate, and for now her money will be put in a trust. Upon turning 21, Bobbi Kristina will receive part of the money, and then more at age 25, with the balance being paid out when she turns 30. Whitney’s trustees are allowed to give Bobbi money from the trust for various purposes though, including tuition, to buy a home, and to start a business.
So far, analysts haven’t determined the true value of Whitney’s estate but the singer definitely thought ahead by spreading the money out over several years to make sure her daughter is financially responsible and well taken care of.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Karrine Steffans, Please Have a Seat and Delete Your Twitter Account While You’re at It
- Tips to Maintaining a Weave: Products, Hair Recommendations and More
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Sifting Through the Sh!t & Waiting for Him to Commit
- Top Beauty Picks: Exfoliators For Every Type of Skin
- When His Problems Shouldn’t Be Yours
- A Final Word: What Drove Whitney To Bobby?
- Celebs Who Rode Their Famous Sibling’s Coattails to Success
- Uplifting Nuggets of Wisdom From Maya Angelou