All Articles Tagged "wedding night"
In “Think Like a Man,” Meagan Good’s character had a 90-day rule before she would sleep with her man, but in real life, Meagan’s trial period is much longer. In fact, adhering to her celibacy plan is how she said she knew her soon-to-be husband was the one.
“Because he was willing to be celibate with me for a year,” she told Life & Style in an interview. “He loves God, more than I love God, so I don’t think there’s anything wrong [with it].
“Our wedding night will be the first time we’re actually together.”
This shouldn’t come as a total and complete surprise. Meagan did say she would be celibate until marriage, but sometimes that doesn’t always last. Plus she’s always playing a seductive character on screen which sometimes makes it hard to separate her real life persona from the one on camera. The fact that her fiancé is a preacher/movie producer should have made it easier for the both of them though.
Meagan says the wedding planning is already underway, and though she didn’t say if they’ve already set a date, she did share other details.
“We found the venue, which I’m really excited about, and it’s going to be in Malibu,” said Meagan, who met her fiancé while making “Jumping the Broom” in 2011. “I know I want to go for a bayou-themed kind of Spanish mosque, a very enchanted-y Twilight feel.”
More power to these two and their self control.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To
- Bump a Book of Rules: Love Is Not That Complicated
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Lying on the Equipment & Being Friend Zoned
- Same Ish, Different Year: Do We Still Need the BET Awards?
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack