All Articles Tagged "Wardrobe"
Any style connoisseur will tell you that it’s really not a great idea to invest and squander your salary on fashion trends, and for good reason. As quickly as they make their ways into your hearts and closets, they’re put out to pasture via the donation box. Yes, trends come and go. But sometimes there are a few trends that are really strong and have true lasting power—and worth a little splurge. Check out a few of our favorite trends that are worth investing in…For now!
We’ve been wearing leather for years, and this season it continues to be a strong trend in fashion. It’s always fun and interesting to add elements of texture to a look, especially during the fall and winter season. From bold jackets, to sleek pants and cute skirts—when it comes in leather it makes wearing them that much more fun.
In a (fashion) world of neon bracelet cuffs, over-sized denim, houndstooth manicures and elaborate earrings, it can be easy to forget that some fashion pieces and accessories will always be fitting. Keeping these trend-defying essentials in your closet and jewelry box will ensure that you always look your best, no matter where you’re headed.
As temperatures start to rise, you’re putting away those heavy sweaters and down coats. In return, you’re increasingly reaching for lighter, airy fabrics and bold colors. A new season does equal updating your look, but it doesn’t have to mean dropping a load of cash. Just a few key pieces can easily and affordably transition your wardrobe from season to season, and the bright hues of these hot finds are sure to pep up your mood on a sunny day.
Check out these fab pieces at StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- What Happened To These Child Stars?
- Tell ‘Em Why You’re Mad: Ladies, Are We Way Too Hard on Each Other?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Sleepy Tummys and Office Romances
- White Female Rapper: New Wave in Hip Hop or Pure Minstrelsy?
- What You Can And Can’t Fix About Your Sex Life’
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady
Trey Songz has been making his rounds through the media circuit as he prepares to drop his next album, “Chapter V,” this year. In an upcoming feature for the March issue of GQ, he ditches the t-shirts and jeans and shows us his fashion sense in a 10-page spread on “The Most Important Items In Your Wardrobe.”
Beyond swtichting up his fashion style with fitted sports jackets, dress shirts, and ties, Trey also talks about possibly switching up his music style. He told GQ, he’d like to follow in the footsteps of Marvin Gaye and make music that matters, and he also explains why he likes to keep some things about himself private. Here’s what he said:
On making music that makes a difference
“I could make a hundred “Bottoms Up’s but they won’t change nobody’s life. Marvin Gaye sang love songs to a certain point, and then it was like, ‘F*** this; I’m not clean-cut no more. I’m putting this skully on, letting this beard grow out, and I’m doing whatever the f*** I wanna do.”
Whether he’ll change up his style
“I might. Give me a couple of years, though.”
On social networking as an artist
“What made Prince, Prince is, you didn’t know sh-t about him. As an artist, you need a persona, a mystique. When you step into Twitter, Facebook, all of that, you’re giving a piece of it away.”
Trey’s style has already changed dramatically from his “I just gotta make it days.” Guess we’ll have to wait and see who he morphs into next.
Do you want to see Trey switch it up for his next album?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body