All Articles Tagged "voices"
If there was any reason to stay tuned into the finale of “American Idol” last night, it had to be because your girl Fantasia came out of hiding to perform the song, “Take Me to the Pilot” with former “Idol” contestant and fan favorite, Joshua Ledet. If you didn’t know by now, Ledet has a “take ‘em to church” powerful voice, and that’s exactly what he did for the crowd–he took them to church. After he killed the first verse, Fanny came strolling out in a sequin catsuit with sheer panels on the side (and shoes on!), and her extra long weave. I don’t know if the outfit was very appropriate for the song they were singing, but she looked good body-wise in it. I enjoyed the performance, though I could have done without all the screaming near the end. But then again, that’s what they do! However, I love these two and hope Ledet blows up post-”Idol.” What did you think of the performance?
More on Madame Noire!
- Don’t Lie, You Were Jamming Too: 7 Singers & Groups We Used to Get Made Fun Of For Listening To
- Bump a Book of Rules: Love Is Not That Complicated
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Lying on the Equipment & Being Friend Zoned
- Same Ish, Different Year: Do We Still Need the BET Awards?
- No Need To Call Tyrone: 7 Ways To Bow Out Of A Relationship Gracefully
- Madame On the Street: How Long Should You Wait to Have Sex?
- Dayummm…They Look Good For Their Age: Celebs Who Prove That Black Don’t Crack
Just a heads up, if you were thinking this was going to be one of those posts that idolizes “blue-eyed soul singers” or says folks are out here trying to “sound black” (as if there’s one way to sound black), you’re mistaken. This is a list about a few individuals with voices that we accidentally assumed at one point and time belonged to black people. It wasn’t until videos popped up for some of our favorite jams that we didn’t see a black man or woman, but a white man or woman–and it surprised the hell out of us. A lot of these singers are probably your personal favorites by now, some you may have never heard of, but don’t lie, you know you were telling your friends at one point or another, “Oh snap, I just assumed he/she was black…”
You’re not the only one.