All Articles Tagged "violence"
Former L.A. Lakers star and current Philadelphia 76ers player Andrew Bynum is in an all-out war with his neighbors.
According to TMZ, Bynum filed a lawsuit against neighbors, Ramond and Cindy Beckett. According to the papers filed, Bynum has lived in his Westchester, CA home for more than 7 years and during this time, he’s been subjected to constant harassment and racism from the Becketts. In the lawsuit, he states they have objected to his “profession, his race, his friends, his cars and his taste in music.”
But what he probably didn’t expect was for the Becketts to immediately countersue Bynum, claiming they are the ones who always had problems with him. In their lawsuit, they accuse Bynum of brandishing guns in an attempt to intimidate them, blasting loud rap music, using drugs and letting weed smoke drift onto their property, blasting video games at “window shaking” volumes, letting his dogs run loose around the neighborhood and more. In fact, the Becketts state the only reason Bynum is suing them is because he knew they were planning a lawsuit of their own.
Oddly enough, Bynum says in his filed papers that the Becketts have moved out of their house so why are they even suing each other at this point? Lifestyle of the rich and bored, I suppose.
Loyalty is a very impressive trait to have, especially for people who are surrounded by celebrities. So many times it seems as though people who are too amped to get a taste of the limelight that they’ll sell a famous person down the river for fifteen minutes of infamy. But what’s even more interesting is when celebrities are so loyal that they’ll sometimes put aside their fans’ adoration, their happiness, and to some extreme incidences their own freedom to be loyal to someone or something close to them. Let’s examine these celebs:
This man just can’t keep his hands to himself.
Former NFL running back Larry Johnson was arrested in Las Vegas on Friday night, once again for domestic violence. At the time of the arrest, police would only say that he was accused of strangling someone and his bail had been set at $15,000. But as the night progressed, it was revealed that the victim (name still withheld) is actually Larry’s ex-girlfriend of four years, according to TMZ. When the police reached the Bellagio hotel where the incident occurred, the victim was allegedly crying and had bruises on her neck. According to police, the victim said she’d been strangled to the point of unconsciousness.
The sad thing is that this isn’t the first time Johnson has been arrested for assault. His entire football career, which has been non-existent for quite some time, has been marred by these arrests. He’s been arrested four times since 2008; all arrests have been on the heels of him assaulting a woman. In 2011, he was arrested for allegedly beating a man down on Miami Beach.
I’m sure his ex-girlfriend, television personality and Empire Girls star Julissa Bermudez is glad she no longer has to deal with that. He also used to be best friends – and oddly enough, roommates – with Jay-Z but as we all know, Jay tries to steer clear of anyone that can negatively affect his business.
Seriously though, his sick behavior is extremely disturbing. Women still tend to gravitate to him (I can’t tell you the number of conversations I’ve heard where women say they’d still date this guy knowing his history) because of his looks but when his pattern allegedly seems to be beating you up, there are enough good looks in the world that should want to make you go down that route.
Larry is being held in a Clark County jail until he is able to see a judge.
Well, this is not good.
Chad Johnson, receiver for the Miami Dolphins, was arrested Saturday night for headbutting his wife Evelyn Lozada, star of Basketball Wives, after they got into a heated dispute. According to police, the couple was at dinner when Evelyn confronted him about a receipt she’d found for a box of condoms. As they left the restaurant, the argument continued until they got outside of their home where Chad then headbutted her.
Evelyn called the police and Chad was charged with a misdemeanor for simple assault, domestic violence. He is being held until he can appear before a judge and Yahoo! reports that it might not be until Monday before that happens. Evelyn was treated at the hospital for a cut on her forehead and then released. The Miami Dolphins are aware of the situation and because most teams have rules about getting into such trouble, I’m sure they’ll have a few questions for Chad when they’re able to speak with him.
These two have had quite the fiery relationship from the very start and accusations of cheating have flown over them at many different times. In fact, many were skeptical as to whether or not their July 4th wedding would actually happen (yes, they’ve only been married a month and a half). Although you never want to see or hear about someone being abused, I would hope this isn’t yet another call for attention for their reality show. Domestic abuse is really not something that should be taken lightly or played around with for ratings since many people deal with it (or have dealt with it) on a daily basis.
Neither of their reps have made any statements yet but I’m sure there will be something forthcoming.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Talented R&B Divas Who’ve Gone MIA Over the Years
- But We’re Not Friends Though: How Do You Decline A Random Baby Shower Invite?
- MN Exclusive Part II: Jenifer Lewis Reflects on Her Struggle & Gives Advice to the Younger Generation
- Opening The Closet Door: 8 Singers Who Had To Deal With Speculation About Their Sexuality
- Aretha, Watch Your Back: 10 Stars Who Would Make Great Judges On “American Idol”
- Let Me Get You Straight, Girl! Advice To The Real ‘Housewives’ Of Atlanta!
- Did You Know They Dated? 10 Secret Lovers, Temporary Boos and Flings We Were Surprised By
More on Madame Noire!
- What Happened? 7 Popular Artists Who Went MIA At The Peak of Their Fame
- The Unnecessary Attack on Alicia Keys’ Body: When Bragging On Your Wife Goes Wrong
- Build-Up Ain’t Cute: 5 Things You Should Know About Dandruff
- Evening Eye Candy: Delicious Model BJ Williams
- Where You Been Kim Coles?
- Jealous? Why You Should Be At Peace With Yourself Before Entering A Relationship
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
“Shed Media US is fully committed to telling the compelling stories of the Basketball Wives in a balanced way. Our producing partner Shaunie O’Neal feels strongly about this, and we fully agree with this stance. We support her as she encourages the cast members to work out issues in a non-violent fashion. We look forward to working with her and the rest of the cast on conveying more balance in the next season.”
“Our viewers opinions always matter a great deal to us at VH1. Lately, there has been a lot of conversation about Basketball Wives, a series featuring strong, intelligent women with very passionate viewpoints which can sometimes escalate. “We at VH1 agree with and support Shaunie and the show producers’ “no excessive physical confrontations” policy on the series moving forward. We are all committed to balancing the candid, bold excitement that the viewers have come to love in the series with storylines and representations they can be proud of. Shaunie has been a strong advocate for a more balanced approach to the show and we, along with our producing partners at Shed Media, are all in agreement about moving forward with that goal.”Anyone want to take a guess at what that excessive qualifier means? At the very least, it suggests there will still be some form of violence on the show, which I have a feeling most protestors will not go for. During the “Basketball Wives” reunion taping this weekend, Shaunie was also asked for her thoughts on the situation and she made a similar promise about cutting down on the violence and she also says she and the producers take responsibility for the backlash she receives—although she makes it seem as though she’s been advocating for this change of heart all along. Check out her clip and tell us if you’re buying her spiel. Do you think VH1 and Shed will really listen to viewers for the next season or are they blowing smoke? @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- FLAT CHANCE!: Keep Your Feet Fly In These Flats – EDITOR PICKS
- Remember Adebisi From Oz? Did You Know He Was A Skinhead!
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- And This Is How You Shut Someone Down On-Air Without Being An Angry Black Woman
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
More on Madame Noire!
- Nip & Tuck: Women Who Slipped Their Plastic Surgery By Us
- There Goes the Neighborhood: 8 Ratchet Things You See When The Temperature Rises
- Convenience or True Love: Which Is Your Relationship Made Of?
- MAD MEN: Male Celebrities Who Always Look So Mean!
- Real Love: Weird Signs Of A Good Relationship
- You Can’t Handle The Truth! Things Men Lie About To Spare Our Feelings
- 7 Ways to Encourage Yourself
- Watch Your Mouth! Things You Should Never Say To Your Man