All Articles Tagged "Victor Cruz"
It’s no secret that Victor Cruz is the modern day Prince Charming around these parts. He’s a hometown hero with a heart melting smile, and he’s an impeccably tailored menswear designer in his own right. What’s more, the 26 year old’s leadership and good natured persona makes him a role model for children who look up to him. What’s not to love?! And now Victor has yet another accolade to add that prime Super Bowl Championship ring. The talented NY Giants wide receiver and champion salsa designer lands on Refinery29‘s “30 Under 30 List” and he couldn’t deserve it more!
We feel like we know the darling even more after reading the in-depth profile. Victor talks about his goals on and off the field, childhood dreams and a few of his favorite things. You’ll never guess which celebrity he’d love to switch places with for a day!
On his life and incredible career:
“I’m just taking it one day at a time and trying to build something that can live as long as a lifetime as far as my brand and my family are concerned. I just want to take my career one year at a time. You only get a certain window to be a professional athlete, so I want to take it one game at a time. Working on my clothing line, I just wanted to have clothes for my friends and family, but it’s grown. People love the brand, and by the time the season ends, it will be something much bigger.”
On lessons learned on the football field:
“It’s ‘always be prepared for anything’ no matter what it is. In this league, in this life, you always have to be in good health; you always need to be prepared when your name is called. Michael Strahan taught me that. At the time, I was a nobody — I was a rookie — I hadn’t proven anything. And for him to recognize me and see my potential, it really stuck with me, and I carry it around every single day.”
Read more at StyleBlazer.com
We love star gazing! And we know you do too. Check out these photos of our favorite black celebrities out and about!
Tags:50 cent, A$AP Rocky, Adrienne Bosh, Amber Riley, black celebrities, Chris Bosh, citysights nyc, Derek Blasberg for Opening Ceremony, Jamie Foxx, Jesse L. Martin, Kat Graham, lala anthony, ludacris, meek mill, nene leakes, ny giant victor cruz, Quentin Tarantino, rachel roy, T.I., tamar braxton, The Foxxhole, The Foxxhole Sirius, trouble man, Victor Cruz, Wendy Williams
This week, NFL’er Victor Cruz celebrated his new memoir, “Out Of the Blue” with close family, celebrity friends and fans of the New York Giants star.
We spotted Wale, singer/actor - Josh Groban, Eric Benet, Julissa Bermudez, Adrienne Bailon, DJ Kiss, DJ Clark Kent, Peter Rosenberg, K.Foxx, Joell Ortiz, Jeannette Jenkins and DJ M.O.S.
The private party took place at New York’s No.8 in NYC.
See more pics at eurweb.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated? 10 Secret Lovers, Temporary Boos and Flings We Were Surprised By
- Let Me Get You Straight, Girl! Advice To The Real ‘Housewives’ Of Atlanta!
- When It Comes To Failed Marriages, Perhaps Expecting A Fairy Tale Is The Problem
- First Date, First Impression: Is It Really You?
- MN Exclusive: Jenifer Lewis On Her Favorite Role, Longevity & Playing The Momma
- Listen Up Fellas! 7 Signs SHE’s Just Not That Into You
- The Business Of Our Periods: Why Are Feminine Products So Darn Expensive?
Oh, how we here at Madame Noire love the kids! And we’re pretty sure you do too, because you always have the nicest things to say about the celeb babies we feature. We have a few more little ones to share with you today, and the first is little Miss Kennedy, the infant daughter of cutie Giants wide receiver, Victor Cruz. Kennedy, Cruz’s little girl with fiancée Elaina Watley, was born in January. As far as we can tell from those adorable thighs, she’s getting big pretty fast! Check out the pant-less yet fabulous baby with her happy family below.
Hank Baskett, born Henry Baskett III (“Hank” is a nickname I guess?), was seen out and about running errands with his son, two-year-old Henry “Hank” Baskett IV, in Cali yesterday. Boy has this little guy grown up! And check out all that hair. He’s definitely the perfect fusion of his mom and dad. Don’t you agree?
Speaking of a perfect fusion of their parents, you have to check out the very adorable Scarlett and Tyger Turrentine, the kids of actress Reagan Gomez and her husband, DeWayne Turrentine. Scarlett is five, and Tyger just turned one in April. Gomez-Preston is a dedicated working mom, and to talk about her adventures as a mother, she created a mommy vlog. Peep it out here. Can I say that I love this adorable family? I DO! Check out the cuties and their mother below.
More on Madame Noire!
- Once a Bully, Always a Bully? The Issue With Mitt Romney’s Past & Present
- Pull Out the VHS: Best Black Films of the ’90s PART II
- LOL: After One Date and One Rejection, Guy Says The “Average Chick” Was Lucky He Gave Her A Chance
- Lord Help Me, I’ve Got The Old Chick in The Club, Ready For a Family Itch
- Bad Hair Don’t Care: 5 Tips to Overcoming Your Bad Hair Day
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “The Color Purple”
- Cute Kid Alert: Candid Pics of Roc & Roe Cannon’s Birthday Party, And Tallulah Dash Turns Four
It’s a sad day for Victor Cruz fans but a happy one for his girlfriend, make that his fiancée, Elaina Watley. Over the weekend, the NY Giant fan apparently popped the question most girls dream of being asked their whole lives, as evidenced by this photo his long-term girlfriend posted online. From the blur of the image we’re assuming she couldn’t stop shaking her hand with excitement as she tried to snap the pic.
Victor has been with his publicist girlfriend for nine years and they have a little daughter together named Kennedy so we’re happy to see this family is going to make things official. We can’t wait to see pics of their big day as we mourn the fact that we never had a chance with this football cutie!
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “New York Undercover”
- FLAT CHANCE!: Keep Your Feet Fly In These Flats – EDITOR PICKS
- Remember Adebisi From Oz? Did You Know He Was A Skinhead!
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- Made For T.V. Moms: Our Favorite Reality Show Mothers
- And This Is How You Shut Someone Down On-Air Without Being An Angry Black Woman
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole