All Articles Tagged "Tyra Banks Girls Club"
Tyra Banks is in spring cleaning mode, starting with “America’s Next Top Model” and ending (we hope) with her headquarters.
Banks is currently at work (well, in a hands-off sort of way) on the Tyra Banks TZONE at the Lower Eastside Girls Club, a space within the Lower Eastside Girls Club’s new Center for Community. As the New York Times reports, Tyra has recently turned her focus to female entrepreneurship and empowering young girls, so the combo makes perfect sense.
By working with and around the girls, Tyra tells the Times, “I can do normal work here and they can see me, to know that this is what a business is. It’s not about living on a red carpet. I am a businesswoman who goes to work every single day.”
Read more about the building plans for Tyra Banks’ TZONE on BlackVoices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Can We Stop the Black Male Bashing…At Least on Father’s Day?
- Being Selfish or Being Sensible? What’s So Wrong With Not Wanting To Have Children?
- Looking Within: Am I A Match For The Ideal Man I Am Praying For?
- OOoo Girl, No! 6 Hair Mistakes You Need Not Make
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- In Summer Fashion, White Is The New Black: 6 White Pieces for Your Wardrobe
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day