All Articles Tagged "tramp stamp"
Tattoos can be Hot, fun and rebellious but here’s seven places a woman should never get a tattoo!
Before you think about getting a rose or a name tatted on your boobs think about how you’ll never be able to wear low cut shirts without someone seeing that ever again.
Tatts on the A$$ cheeks are never a good idea. It just looks plain tacky and
The first way to ruin a classy moment is a big tattoo on your thigh in your dress or gown.
Check out the rest of the list at Hello Beautiful.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All
- I’m a Little Uncomfortable With Michelle O’s Love For Beyoncé, Are You?
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Sheila E. Says Music Healed Wounds From a Traumatic Childhood Incident
- Get Under Your Skin: How To Renew & Maintain Your Skin
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle
If a lower back tattoo on a woman is a tramp stamp, what is it called when you see the same thing on a guy? How about a warning sign that he’d much rather date your brother than you?
Lower back tats got their name because women who have them are either always wearing skimpy clothes to show them off, or the body art is always “accidentally” peeking out of at the top of a pair of low-rise jeans or bikini bottoms. This little peek-a-boo tactic gives women an excuse to drop their bottoms even lower or lift up their tops when a man asks to see the tattoo.
Now picture this same thing happening with a man. There is nothing even remotely swexy or straight about a man teasing us with a little crack peep show or lifting up his shirt in a strip tease motion just so you can see his lower back. If shirts are coming off—I want to see upper back, pecs, and biceps. And if a man has a shirt on that’s short enough to show some ink there, I don’t think you have to ask much else.
It doesn’t help that the go-to example of a man with a lower back tat gone bad is Shemar Moore. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a beautiful specimen of a man but his sexuality has been in question for about as long as lower back body art has been labeled a tramp stamp. You know who else has a man stamp? Ray J. ‘Nuff said.
The “v taper” at the bottom of the spine can be one of the best parts of a man’s body. For the sake of that hotness and heterosexuality, men need to keep this canvass bare.
What’s your take on male tramp stamps? Yay or nay?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Game Over: The Scoreboard Of How Kobe Fouls Out With Wife
- Veiled Vows: Couples Who Married On The Low…
- Captain Save Em': Celebrity Men Who…Well You Know
- They Love Their Mamas: A Gallery of Rappers and Their Mommies
- 7 Leave-In Conditioners for Soft and Supple Hair
- This Ain’t VH1’s Version: The Real Real Football Wives of The NFL