All Articles Tagged "Tiona Smalls"
“What Chilli Wants” has been off the air for over a year now, but Chilli’s resident matchmaker, Tiona Smalls, has some not-so-nice things to say about her.
The relationship expert stopped by 105.1 today to talk about her new book, Men Love Abuse—I know— and when the DJs asked what she thought about her former co-star, she called Chilli “delusional.”
“She doesn’t know what she wants. She got the man that she wanted. It’s a dead president on a bill.”
Is that code for golddigger? Tiona added that Chilli “never knew the principles it took to get a man or keep a man” because she was so wrapped up in Floyd Mayweather, who made a cameo on a show or two and is now engaged.
“Floyd wanted her as a friend. Some guys, no matter how fine you are or how beautiful you are, they just don’t want you. You just have to take your L sometimes.”
I will agree with her on that point, but the rest of the advice in her oddly-titled book is a bit questionable to me. Tiona said “good girls” like Chilli need to kick up their mean girl quotient if they want to hook a man.
“Men do not like nice girls, and nice girls are finishing last. So sometimes you gotta treat a man like you don’t care.
“We’re talking about if you want to get in a relationship with a girl, you ain‘t gonna want to wife a girl who’s going to let you do whatever you want to do.”
It’s true men, emphasis on men, don’t want a woman they can walk all over but I’m not sure nice girls are finishing last. That whole “treat him like you don’t care” game” has huge potential to backfire.
What do you think about Tiona’s thoughts on good girls? Are they finishing last like Chilli?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What The Heck Happened To You: What Lost Celebs Look Like Nowadays
- Working Your Degree While You’re Waiting: Non-Traditional Paths to Employment
- 7 Things That Could Change The Way He Feels About You
- Say Cheese! Unfortunate Yet Unforgettable Celebrity Mug Shots
- Reader Sound Off! 10 Female Singers Who Are Underrated…
- The High-Income Woman’s Guide to Dating a Man Who Makes Less
- The Father, The Son and The Oprah Winfrey
- Seriously, What’s With All the Overly Aggressive Men in the Club Nowadays?